Tampa Nursing License Lawyer
Those who enter the nursing field often do so out of a desire to provide healing and comfort to those who are injured or afflicted with illnesses and conditions. To ensure that members of this profession are qualified and capable of providing high-quality care, the Florida Board of Nursing is tasked with evaluating nurse candidates for initial licensure, enforcing standards applicable to nurses attempting to renew their licenses, and investigating and disciplining nurses who engage in misconduct or who provide substandard care. While the Board’s actions are beneficial to the public (or are designed to be beneficial to the public), these actions can cause difficulties for individuals who desire to practice nursing in Florida. The Tampa nursing license lawyers at Law Offices of David P. Rankin, P.A. works with individuals experiencing licensing and/or disciplinary issues with the Board to resolve these matters successfully and enable them to practice their chosen profession.
Resolve Your Licensing and/or Disciplinary Matter with the Help of David P. Rankin
There are a variety of reasons and circumstances that may cause the Board of Nursing to refuse to grant a nursing applicant a new license, renew the license of a practicing nurse, and/or to initiate disciplinary proceedings against a licensed nurse. Some of these reasons and circumstances include:
- Failing to meet the minimum educational and/or experience requirements to become licensed;
- Failing to maintain proficiency in the nursing field as reflected by a lack of completed continuing education programs;
- Providing care to a patient that is below the level of care that Florida nurses are expected to provide in that particular situation;
- Obtaining a criminal charge that reflects on the nurse’s or applicant’s ability to perform his or her duties in a competent and professional manner; and/or
- Committing a crime during the performance of the nurse’s job duties (such as unlawfully distributing a controlled substance or a prescription-only medication to a patient who does not have a prescription for that medicine).
The approach employed by the Law Offices of David P. Rankin, P.A. is designed to help nurses with licensing and/or disciplinary issues resolve their matters as efficiently as possible. Drawing on a career involved in prosecuting and defending licensees, attorney David P. Rankin will utilize formal and informal methods of dispute resolution to assist a nurse or nurse applicant in successfully disposing of a disciplinary complaint and/or obtain his or her valid nursing license.
Contact the Law Offices of David P. Rankin, P.A. for Assistance with Your Nursing License
The longer your nursing license issue or disciplinary complaint remains unresolved, the longer you will be either precluded from practicing in the field to which you have devoted so much time and resources or your future in the practice will be in doubt. For this reason, it is critical that you seek experienced legal help with your nursing licensing matter from Tampa nursing license lawyer David P. Rankin of the Law Offices of David P. Rankin, P.A. Call our office at (813) 968-6633 or contact us through our website and schedule your initial consultation with us today.